Performance and reliability
The CELL-DYN Ruby System* is a multi-parameter automated hematology analyzer designed for in vitro diagnostic use in medium volume clinical laboratories. This instrument uses MAPSS technology to perform cell by cell analysis from a single dilution to enumerate and differentiate White Blood Cells and provide the performance needed for patient samples. Additionally, the instrument uses optical laser light scatter analysis, without the need to reflex to another test mode, to provide both the Red Blood Cell and Platelet counts.
First Pass Efficiency**
More reportable WBC and WBC differential results on the first run.
- MAPSS (Multi-Angle Polarized Scatter Separation) technology to provide accurate optical readings for WBCs with 5-part WBC differential.
- Cell by cell analysis using hydrodynamic focusing.
- Accurate WBC enumeration and identification using 4 angles of light scatter on up to 10,000 events per cycle.
- Multiple scatter plot analysis for identification of abnormal cells and interfering substances.
First pass optical platelets.
- Dual angle optical light scatter accurately enumerates and sizes platelets to reduce manual counts and blood smear reviews.
- Available full time with no need to repeat the sample in another test mode.
- Red Blood Cell counts including indices using 3 angles of light scatter, cell sphering and hydrodynamic focusing for accuracy.
Only three reagents for complete CBC with 5-part WBC differential analysis.
- WBC lyse
- HGB lyse
* Please see the CELL-DYN Ruby Operator's Manual for product labeling, including warnings, limitations and precautions.
** Many factors affect efficiency. Your results may vary.
The CELL-DYN Ruby System is a multi-parameter, automated hematology analyzer intended for in vitro diagnostic use in the clinical laboratories.
Easy to use software
Easy for everyone.
- Screens are straightforward, intuitive and easy to navigate.
- Offers customizable views.
- On board decision rules with Rules Based Result Annotations.
- Automatic monitoring of reagent status.
Even non-routine tasks are easy to perform and user-friendly:
- Calibration wizard
- Help menus
- Help videos
Designed with security in mind.
- User sign-in is password protected.
- Multiple security levels
- Store up to 500 QC files
- Levey-Jennings graphs
- Moving average programs